We offer education both in Pre-school and School
The pre-school of BISG follows the National Curriculum of England and Wales. As an institution registered with the Board of Education, we also meet all necessary Polish requirements. In our pre-school we have children from different countries however the medium of instruction and communication is English.
We have three pre-school groups:
- Nursery – children aged 2,5-4
- Reception – children aged 4-5
- Class 0 - children aged 6
The opening hours are 7:15 am – 5 pm (Monday-Friday). The monthly fee covers all day activities including the additional ones such as Art, Drama, Modern Foreign Languages, PE and Music. After lessons finish at 3.15pm, children can participate in the Pre-school Clubs program link: Pre-School Clubs or they can be looked after by our teachers in Swietlica until 5pm.
Through topic based activities, children work towards the National Curriculum Early Learning Goals in six areas of learning:
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Communication, language and literacy
- Numeracy (Mathematics)
- Knowledge and understanding of the world
- Physical Education
- Creative development
Our pre-school is open all year round, including five weeks of summer school in July.
2017/2018 Calendar // Download
The opening hours are 7:15 am – 5 pm (Monday-Friday). The monthly fee covers all day activities including the additional ones such as Art, Drama, Modern Foreign Languages, PE, Music and Chess. After lessons finish at 3.15pm children can participate in the School Clubs program link: School Clubs or they can be looked after by our teachers in Swietlica until 5pm.
Our Primary School follows the National Curriculum of England and Wales modified to suit the needs of our community and complemented by the Polish Curriculum.
The language of instruction except for language classes is in English. In Class 8, we help prepare students for the Polish statuory test.
The Three Core Subjects:
- Literacy (English)
- Numeracy (Mathematics)
- Humanities (Geography, History, Civics)
- Information Communication Technology (ICT)
- Physical Education (PE)
- Drama (a creative subject which aims at developing a number of skills such as thinking outside the box, working as a team, presentation skills, confidence and many more)
- Project (an integrated subject which teaches skills such as decision making, organisation, computer skills, research and editing)
We offer a choice in the following subjects:
- Ethics (through English)
- Religion (through Polish)
A third language:
- Spanish, Russian, French or German
During year 9 and 10 BISG students are prepared for and sit GCSE exams. They one of the world’s most popular international qualifications for 14 to 16-year-olds. GCSEs are a gateway to higher education or professional studies in the home country or overseas.
Exams which our students take are:
- English Language and Literature
- Spanish, French or German
Awarding body: AQA.